THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS THAT, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE. PLEASE READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
I’ve been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award! How exciting is that? I cannot stop smiling! Thanks so much for nomination, Michelle. You should all check her out over at Monsterful Mama, where she talks about being “a tired teacher who has recently become a very tired mummy and that likes to get creative.” I think we can all relate to that!
Okay, so what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. It’s an amazing little way to recognise and promote new bloggers. It’s also a great way to connect with and support the blogging community. You can check the rules out here.
So here we go:
10 Random Facts About Me
- I’m mummy to two amazing little girls, who are sometimes little witches (who knew?)
- My partner, Wayne, is the love of my life. We parent out little blended home together.
- Evie is my working buddy. She’s a Reagle – Rottweiler x Beagle.
- I live in the coolest little capital in the world, Wellington, New Zealand
- My real name is Pia. My pen name is Melissa 🙂
- I’m an introvert – I’ve told you before. Being out in the world exhausts me.
- I enjoy cooking and preparing meals… but I dislike recipes because I find them limiting.
- I write for a living. You can also find me over at www.piacruz.com. I can help you with anything you need 🙂
- My everyday clothes are trackies, a hoodie, and trainers – but I don’t excercise… I just find it comfy.
- In spite of what’s happened, I still believe in love and marriage. Wayne and I are getting married in March 2018 – eek! 🙂
Now to answer, Monsterful Mama‘s questions:
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I have a blended family – separated and interracial. Together, my partner Wayne and I, parent our two girls (and a our little blended dog, Evie). So it seemed apt to call the blog, This Blended Home of Mine.
2. What websites do you use most often?
3. What are you most afraid of?
World War – I’m terrified of the thought of a dystopian future where my children may struggle.
4. What quirks do you have?
I can’t go to bed without making sure myself that all the doors and windows have been locked. I trust no one to do this security check! (Okay, typing this out makes me think I’m very paranoid!)
5. Which Friends character do you relate to most?
Monica. I know, I know! Sorry. I think I am like her in many ways. I can be quite anal about things. Haha!!
6. List 3 things you need more of.
Hmmm… I can’t think of anything at the moment. I like to think that I have enough of everything that I need.
7. What Job do you think you’d be really good at and why?
I think I’d make a great detective or private investigator. I have this insatiable to need to find out facts and I don’t stop until I do.
8. Who is your favourite blogger/vlogger?
Hmmm – hard to say. I follow a lot of blogs and I follow them all because they resonate with me. I don’t follow blogs that I do not feel I connect with.
9. What are you most looking forward to in the next ten years?
After everything I’ve been through, I’m looking forward to living my life.
8. How do you add value to the world and those around you?
To those around me, I share my time with them, and try my best to make them feel special. To the world, I try to share my experiences with the hope that they will help someone else.
10. Finish this sentence. I am the best version of me when …
I am on my own, looking out the window, and writing.
- The Mom, the Myth, the Legend
- Cursive Speaking Moms
- Raising Human Beans
- Tiny Toes & Furry Paws
- Katie’s Words of Wisdom
- Light, Laughter, and A Little Magic
- She Loves Life Over 50
My Questions for You
- What or who inspires you most in this world?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why?
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want as a dinner guest and why?
- What is your signature dish?
- What food dish do you dislike the most?
- Which Friends character do you relate to the most?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is the worst job you have ever had and why?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters.
That’s it folks! Thank so much for taking part in this. I’m super excited to read your replies so please remember to tag me! 🙂