3 INGREDIENT SAVORY CHEESE SCONES
It was a beautiful Sunday in Wellington yesterday. The sun was shining and the world was just calling for us to step out of the house. The kids were excited and wanted to go immediately, but I knew I needed to feed the family first – otherwise, we’d end up spending a fortune as the children ask for this and that. I looked through my recipes and decided on making my trusted and super easy 3 Ingredient Savory Cheese Scones!
This post contains affliate links. See my disclosure HERE.
These scones are super easy to make – honestly! This recipe makes me look like super mom! Even the children can do it themselves. Scones are usually made by rubbing and cutting cold butter into the flour; but I really don’t have time (or patience) for that. And because I love cheese scones, this lets me have the best of both worlds.
I mean, just look at that! Doesn’t it look delightful? Trust me – this is the only cheese scone recipe you will ever need.
For those of you who don’t know, the weather is a BIG DEAL in Wellington. It isn’t called Windy Welly for nothing. I put this video up on Twitter a week or so ago – that’s totally normal in Wellington. So when the sun is out, the wind is calm, and the rain stops – you better make sure that you get out of the house and enjoy it, because you don’t know when the next beaut of a day is going to show up again.
So over brunch, we all discussed what we were going to do and a number of suggestions came up. Miss 9 jumped on the computer and started researching – as she does – and came up with a list of 10 things to do in Wellington on a great day. Nothing is straightforward with Miss 9. She has a preference for researching, going through an elimination process, and then making the most informed decision she can. It has both its pros and cons.
After considering her list of 10 things to do, we decided that we would go to the waterfront and take the family fur baby, Evie, along.
Gorgeous! What a perfect day ♥
Related Post: 5 Breakfast Ideas That Aren't Pancakes Related Post: How I Slashed My Grocery Bill in Half Related Post: Cheap Dinner Ideas for When You Are Skint
Try it out! 3 Ingredient Savory Cheese Scones
- 2 cups self-rising flour of choice gluten-free, standard
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice *(I used 1 1/2 cups of Edam + 1/2 cup crumbled Feta)
- 1 1/3 cups milk of choice *(I used 1 cup of low fat milk + 1/3 cup of fresh cream)
- Spices of choice *(I used 1 tsp dried chives + 1/4 tsp paprika + 1/4 tsp salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour to avoid clumps. Add cheese and milk and mix until a thick batter remains. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Using a 1/4 cup or cookie scoop, pour biscuits onto the greased baking tray, forming a dome-like shape. Ensure you space them evenly as they rise and spread. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden on top and cooked through the center, but not overcooked- It should be fluffy.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately or cool completely before storing in an air-tight container. Don’t forget to serve it with butter! Yum!
Get the original recipe over at The Big Man’s World. It’s such a versatile base recipe. I’m going to try it with some bacon! I You may also want to try other of my tried, tested, and devoured breakfast recipes HERE.
Oh and before I go – look what I found!! Do you know a GoT fan who might want this?